School fees for Xavier’s Lower School are $1,425.00 per term. These fees are stipulated by the Catholic Board of Education and must be paid before the following dates:
- First Term – June 25
- Second Term – December 1
- Third Term – March 1
*** A Capital Development Fee of $450.00 is also required for all new students.
Parents or Guardians who require payment plans for any of the previously mentioned fees must make special arrangements with the school’s principal in advance of the deadline.
Families with more than three children enrolled will receive a 10% discount from the third child’s fees.
Students with outstanding fees will not be allowed to attend class.
TUITION REFUND POLICY
The policy of the Catholic Board of Education regarding tuition refund is as follows:
If a student leaves within 1 – 2 weeks from the start of the term, the parent is entitled to a 75% refund on the tuition only.
If a student leaves within 3 – 4 weeks from the start of the term, the parent is entitled to a 50% refund on the tuition only.
If a student leaves after 4 weeks from the start of the term, there is NO REFUND.
*Capital Development fees and special fees are non- refundable and non-transferable.
The legacy Catholic schools have inherited speaks not only of the quality of educational programs but also of exemplary discipline. Catholic schools are appreciated and valued because of their disciplinary codes that teach students self-discipline. Students are taught to respect God and others, and to be of service for the good of others.
In order to continue this legacy, everyone in the school community needs to be conscious of developing self-discipline, learning the necessary skills, and accepting responsibility for carrying out these tasks.
Major disciplinary problems will be brought to the principal’s attention and to the attention of the parents of the child involved.
CONDUCT RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Greet all members of faculty and visitors to the school whenever the occasion presents itself.
- No cheating on a test, quiz, exam, etc.
- No chewing gum in uniform.
- No cursing or use of abusive language or gestures.
- No defacing, destruction or stealing of personal or school property.
- No fighting ( verbal or physical).
- No running or eating on the patios, hallways and bathrooms.
- No throwing of rocks or dangerous objects.
- Show respect for teachers, peers, self and property.
- Stand when speaking to an adult.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school grounds until a parent or guardian arrives to pick them up.
- Students are to remain on the eastern side of the flag pole during the day or while waiting for their parents.
- All text books are to remain covered throughout the year.
At Xavier’s punctuality is considered an essential characteristic to be instilled in our children. Therefore, tardiness will not be tolerated. Students should be at school before the 8:30 a.m. bell. Excessive tardiness will be dealt with by administration.
Parents or guardians are responsible for students attending school regularly. The school is not responsible for students left on the grounds before 8:00 a.m and after 3:00 p.m. Students should be picked up on time. All students must attend classes for the full day unless excused for a valid reason. If a student is absent, parents are expected to send a written explanation before the child is readmitted to class. Three or more consecutive days of absence require a doctor’s note with an explanation of illness. The school has the right to ask a student to withdraw after an unexplained absence of twenty or more consecutive days. Medical and dental appointments for students should be made after school hours.
REASONS FOR SUSPENSION
- Cheating on a test, quiz, exam, etc.
- Cursing or use of abusive language or gestures.
- Defacing, destruction or stealing of school or personal property.
- Disrespect to one another and to adults.
- Failure to pay school fees on time.
- Fighting (verbal or physical).
- Lack of respect for school rules and regulations.
- Insolence, back-talking, kissing teeth toward any member of staff.
- Throwing of rocks or dangerous objects.
- Bullying of other students.
- Writing of pornography.
- Causing serious bodily harm or psychological harm to another person.
In registering a child as a student, the school accepts full responsibility to meet the child’s learning needs. Before expelling a pupil, the school will exhaust every possible means to direct and redirect the child.
REASONS FOR EXPULSION
- Any physical attack on another individual.
- Being absent for ten consecutive days without an excuse.
- Continually breaking school regulations.
- Failure to cooperate with teachers or administration.
- Habitually coming late.
- Intentional physical contact of an intimate nature.
- Owing a large amount of tuition.
- Possession, use or sale of dangerous weapons, drugs or alcohol.
Offenses including a threat, written, spoken or by the Internet or inflammatory statements, disrespectful actions or words towards teachers, staff, students or other school employees will result in suspension and probation; or in serious cases that cause injury to persons or reputation, dismissal from school.